Sunday, February 7, 2010

crossing my fingers!

World Cup 2010: Marcello Lippi Will Pick Me For Italy If I Maintain Good Form - Milan's Marco Borriello

Milan striker Marco Borriello believes Italy coach Marcello Lippi will grant him a place for the World Cup should he continue his resurgence.

What was once a dream has now become a very real prospect for the striker who has taken the San Siro by storm this season. Borriello has underlined his strong and earnest desire to play in South Africa, and is confident of proving it.

"If I deserve to go then Lippi will take me. He will not leave me at home because he is a competent and prepared coach," the striker told Tuttosport.

Lippi was at Milanello earlier this week where he wined and dined with a group of players. Borriello did not rub shoulders with the coach, but he did receive a tasty vote of confidence.

Boriello continued, "I did not eat with them, but in the dressing rooms he [Lippi] told me 'good, continue like this'."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails