Monday, October 18, 2010

My Top 5 Nicki Features! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay so I've grown to like Nicki Minaj's verses -_- I hate to admit it, but she is hands down the most exciting new artist out right now. And in comparison to her fello female emcees, Nicki is one of the best lyricists. Her metaphors are relevant, she doesn't always talk about sex/drugs/etc., and she has garnered respect from male and female rappers alike. I saw a top ten list of the best Nicki features on ONTD so I decided to do my own version! I only included five songs because I don't think her other features warrant being on a "best of" list, lol

5. "Hello, Good Morning" (Remix) - Dirty Money feat. Rick Ross & Nicki Minaj

One of Nicki's most exciting verses, in my opinion. Why? The delivery of course! It isn't one of her lyrically smartest verses, but the way she spits in this verse is pure entertainment. She definitely "came up" in the game "a little self centered" with it and soon enough, I think she'll actually turn down shows in places like Dublin.



4. "My Chick Bad" - Ludacris feat. Nicki Minaj

This is the first proper Nicki feature that I memorized. The whole verse just cracks me up with the metaphors and ridiculous statements. She stuck with the ~cray cray~ theme and went hard... my favorite lines?

"But I take a left and leave them hanging like a testi", "It’s nightmare on Elm street and guess who’s playing Freddy", "damn, b!tch you been a fan"




3. BET 2009 Cypher

Maybe this counts, maybe not but this is my #3. This was her official introduction, in my eyes, to the music world and she def made her mark amidst a bunch of dudes. Her verse is a true "metaphor heaven", as she refers to Dracula of Sesame Street, Minnie Mouse, hair pieces, bees, Oscar the Grouch, 7th Heaven & Mike Vick and killing b!tches. Fun stuff.





2. "Up All Night" - Drake feat. Nicki Minaj

This verse is honestly what made me see Nicki as a real artist. With no phony accent, she came hard lyrically and delivery-wise. She has swagger on this record. And I believed every word she said. Plus, Nicki coined some of my favorite lines she has written: "Which b!tch you know made a million off a mixtape?", "F*ck I look like hoe? I look like yes and you look like no." Yeah, she's here to stay for a little while :)


1. "Monster" - Kanye West feat. Jay-Z, Bon Iver & Nicki Minaj

What else??!!?! :D Literally I heard this on the radio cuz I wasn't home when Kanye dropped his Good Friday track (booo) and I was like "Mom... turn up the radio." I couldn't believe this was Nicki Minaj. Yeah I knew she had a knack for a fun delivery, but combining lyrical quality and delivery?? I was impressed. And with every additional listen, I was more and more convinced in Kanye saying that she will be the #2 Rapper Of All Time (okay maybe not, but I was convinced that I better get used to her, especially if she delivered verses like this one). Hilarious, fun to listen to, better than Jay-Z (on this track), shouts out my girl M.I.A. (the bish from Sri Lanka, btw), believable, etc. I obviously had this verse memorized within a week and I was too excited when I did x) Too many memorable lines as well:

"And I’m all up all up all up in the bank with the funny face/ And if I’m fake I aint notice cause my money aint/ So let me get this straight wait I’m the rookie?/ But my features and my shows ten times your pay/ 50k for a verse no album out!/ Yeah my money’s so tall that my barbies gotta climb it"

"She’s on a diet but her pockets eating cheesecake" !!! Her money aka cheese aka cake is stacking up but she's on a diet and not eating cheesecake!

"And I’ll say, 'Bride of Chucky' is 'Child’s Play'" Bride of Chucky is a movie in the "Child's Play" series! And cuz Nicki's a tough monster, 'Bride of Chucky' is child's play aka nothing! :)

"Just killed another career, it’s a mild day" lol get it girl




HONORABLE MENTION:

"All I Do is Win" - DJ Khaled feat. Nicki Minaj and everyone else

I'm including this only because of this line:

"You can talk slick all the way down to the welfare, ask the IRS b!tch I’m paying for your healthcare" ZING!

1 comment:

  1. hello,
    fanks 4 writin me bak ^^ thats sooo sweet of u ! im so glad u wrote already 2 new posts !
    I also love nicki minaj ! shes insane! i guess shes my favour. female artist after cheryl cole:)
    n "up all nite" with drake <3 is in my opinion her best feature track :)
    oh i cant believe u like exactly thesame stuff as i do !
    please keep on writing as its a pure pleasure to read ur posts ! :)
    xxx
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails